Pages

Friday, August 20, 2021

Cat Living Nightmare..

 

In the inky blackness of the shadows, she blended in perfectly. Her saucer-like eyes and sleek whiskers were all that could be seen.


She was deliberately hiding, her colour and keen sight were her greatest allies. What she had glimpsed at the other side of the candlelit room was troubling, and arching her back, she prepared to move in an instant inch. 

Her  white eyes with a big black pupil stared across the room. She was ready to pounce, the human she had seen beforehand, had yelled and stomped on the floor. She crept forward and heard a growl.. Another cat had spotted her in the house. 

It growled and hissed ready to pounce at the little black kitten. Her back had risen and she was prepared to run, knowing she wouldn't be able to fight this cat away. The other cat was a snowy white with little black patches mixed around her small body. 

The black cat knew that if she ran, she would just get chased and it would be worse.. She would probably get caught and put back outside in the wild rain and stormy weather! She decided to make a run for it! 

She ran past the other cat and sprinted down the stairs. She saw a little cupboard that was barely open, she took a sharp turn and ran to the closet. Luckily she could go through the little gap that was there. She heard the other cat run past meowing and hissing not too long after she had jumped inside the closet. 

The black cat creeped out of the closet about 5 minutes later and snuck back upstairs. Where she hid underneath a cabinet/ table thing and slept there hoping that everything would be better!

The next morning she woke up in her bed! “Yes! I'm back!” She said as she walked over to her desk. She grabbed out her diary and started writing about everything that happened. She ended with “I am glad I am back to being a human..”

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, good twist at the end! I LOVE your descriptive language, it really made the story come alive. Great work Kadie :)

    ReplyDelete


To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post