Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

Horrifying Haiku!

 Haiku 


The Lightning Flashes..

Hiding under the covers

As the thunder roars




For literacy we were learning about syllables. We had to write a Haiku! If you dont know what a haiku is, it is a Chinese/ Japanese poem. There are a certain amount of syllables, 5-7-5 in the first line, there has to be 5 syllables, second line there has to be 7, and as you probably thought. There has to be 5 syllables in the last line of the haiku. Have you ever written a haiku before? Was it hard to find sentences with the right amount of syllables? What was your Haiku?

No comments:

Post a Comment


To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post